Summer time is always the most challenging when it comes to sticking to our weekly meal plan. Family visits, friends gather, and the beautiful weather makes us want to stay out of the house as much as possible. But even so we make our plan anyway and hope to stick to it at least somewhat so that we can keep saving money and eat good healthy meals.
Our meals for this week are a combination of last week’s meals and some other recipes we haven’t had the chance to try this month yet. If you have any suggestions on meals we should try to make, please let us know in the comments!
- Chili Powder
- Olive Oil
- Red Onion
- Orange Pepper
- Red Pepper
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce or Tomato Soup
- Black Beans
- Tortilla Chips
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- Tomato sauce
- Green Pepper
- Yellow Pepper
- Instant Noodles
- Fish Sauce
- Soya Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Rice Vinegar
- Chopped Peanuts
- Green Onions
- Butternut Squash
- French Dressing
- Uncle Ben’s Long Grain Brown Rice
- Onion Soup Mix
- Stir Fry Sauce
- Miracle Whip
- Homemade Baja Taco Seasoning
- Pasta Shells
- Cottage Cheese
- Red Pepper – $2.75 @ Superstore
- Mushrooms – $1.37 in bulk @ Superstore
- Yellow Pepper – $2.75 @ Superstore
- Eggs – $3.99 @ Costco
- Butternut Squash – $0.00? Got this from Superstore but it doesn’t seem to be on my receipt!
- Milk – $6.53 @ Superstore
- Chocolate Milk – on sale for $2.19 @ Superstore!
- Fries – $6.89 @ Costco (so worth it, I never have any energy to cut up potatoes and make homemade fries during the summer)
- Frozen Pizza – $11.99 for 4 at Costco (we are so busy, I would much rather cook a frozen pizza than go out and get fast food!)
- Cheese & Crackers – on sale for $7.99 @ Costco
- Clementines – $7.99 @ Costco
- Raspberries – $5.49 @ Costco
- Coconut Clusters – $10.99 @ Costco
- Bagels – 2 bags for $5.00 @ Superstore
- Bread – $3.75 @ Nana’s Bakery
We only bought mushrooms in bulk, but I was so happy to see all of these products also available in bulk at the Trinity Superstore!
We spent a total of $78.37 this week! Max did buy some extra meat at Costco, although it’s not for this week’s meal plan. Regardless, we were still under budget and hope to be able to stick to these recipes for this week.
What kind of meals are you making this week? Let us know in the comments, we’d love some new ideas!