Moving into a Tiny House has definitely made us take a closer look at our ecological footprint, and how we can improve and be more eco-friendly.
We’re not talking about giving up showering or to stop breathing to reduce the CO2 levels – we’re talking about small things that anyone can do at home to save energy, water, and reduce waste.
Examples of awesome things you can do:
- Turn the heat down a little bit (even just 1 degree!)
- Use reusable grocery bags instead of plastic
- Start a compost if you don’t already have one
- Don’t let food go bad – start a meal plan!
- Buy local veggies and meat – you could even try cutting down on meat
- Trying walking to nearby spots instead of driving
- Try to make a DIY product such as homemade cleaner or laundry detergent
Do you have other practices you do to go green at home? If so, share them with us!